Today we get into the salsa prep spin series. We are starting slow with just getting in and out of our preps. Just like I said when we were working on our pirouette preps, getting in to a good balanced prep is just as important as the spin. In fact it is essential to do a good spin.
So, take the time to practice getting in and out of the prep. That being said, it is also important to know how to get out of your prep without spinning. This will help you train your control and adaptability while following.
- Work on getting in to your prep from your basic step
- Step everything out.
- Use your hips to wind in to your prep.
- Try to keep the feet turned out. It is really hard to do in your prep, but that is the whole point of training.
- DO NOT SIT, I repeat, DO NOT SIT in your prep. Keep your weight centered and easy. If you sit in you prep you lose your speed, agility and responsiveness. Do not squat. Just keep a slight bend in your knees.
- Endure the left prep. It is awkward and uncomfortable. Just do it. Repeat the basic, prep, basic, prep until you feel comfortable. Take a break and then do it again.
If you want to add some flare and style to the prep, go ahead I love it! I just did the bare minimum. Good luck! S
hoes are@burjushoes “Trionyx.”
#salsaspins #salsachallenge #doyouburju #salsapreps #danceeveryday